Welwyn Hatfield Ethnic Minority / WHEM Group to Kaleidoscope Enterprise Ltd Kaleidoscope Enterprise Ltd was known as Welwyn Hatfield Ethnic Minority (WHEM) Group. WHEM Group was first formed in 1997 as a support group and a project of the Welwyn Hatfield Council for Voluntary Service (as it was known then).
Kaleidoscope Enterprise Ltd has developed established ties and activities with statutory agencies, bodies and other charities in the Welwyn Hatfield and neighbouring areas. Representatives from our organisation also sit on various county and region-wide policy-making groups in order to help respond to the needs of a diverse population within the community.
As a small, independent charity we rely on members and other volunteers and associated groups to implement the work and support the small staff team and Board. To become a Board Advisor, Director or Volunteer contact us direct to apply.
Kaleidoscope Enterprise Ltd (KEL) is a registered charity and limited company. The Charity offers support to and raising awareness of community groups, particularly in Equality concerning race, ethnicity, culture and discrimination. Any business, community group or individual can become a volunteer of the organisation.
Find out more about the organisation by opening the video link below and hearing from our Chair 🙂
Or visit our KEL – YouTube Page at:
Aims and Objectives
- Our charitable objects are for the benefit of ethnic minority individuals and communities in Welwyn Hatfield and neighbouring areas.
- Kaleidoscope Enterprise has a vision of empowered, inclusive communities, where Minority Ethnic (BME) people are not discriminated against and public services are fair and equally accessible to all.
- Our mission is to enable children, young people, older people, community groups and businesses to access equality of opportunity and receive social justice by offering support, information, education, advocacy and research.
- This is currently delivered through our strategic representation, public and community events, training workshops, mentoring programmes and cultural arts development work. For more information, please see “Regular Activities” and “How to Get Involved”.
Our activities range from members’ meetings to drumming and dance to Women’s support group sessions. All our activities have arisen in response to the identified needs of the local community and or our members.
We can deliver training and consultancy on:
- Getting Back into Work.
- Confidence-Building and Assertiveness.
Statutory Agency Clients:
- Working with Community Groups.
Community Group Clients:
- Developing mentoring and befriending schemes.
- Introduction to Equalities Issues.
Cultural Arts Sessions
Our cultural arts sessions are currently delivered via our partnership with members of the local community and our organisation.
If you would like these sessions for a school or college please contact us.
All our headline news is now available on our facebook page.